1. Form The longitudinal direction of the polypropylene is smooth and the cross section is round.
2. Density Polypropylene's greatest advantage is its light weight. Its density of only 0.91g/cm3 is the lightest of the most common chemical fibers, so the same weight of polypropylene can be obtained with higher coverage than other fibers.
3. High-strength polypropylene has high strength, large elongation, high initial modulus and excellent elasticity. Therefore, polypropylene has good wear resistance. In addition, the wet strength of polypropylene is basically equal to dry strength, so it is an ideal material for making fishing nets and cables.
4. Hygroscopicity and Dyeability
Polypropylene has little hygroscopicity and is almost non-hygroscopic. The moisture regain under normal atmospheric conditions is close to zero. However, it has a wicking action that transfers water vapor through the capillary in the fabric, but does not itself absorb any absorption. The dyeability of polypropylene is poor, and the chromatogram is not complete, but the method of coloring the original liquid can be used to make up for the deficiency.
5. Acid and alkali resistance
Polypropylene has good chemical resistance. In addition to concentrated nitric acid and concentrated caustic soda, polypropylene has good resistance to acid and alkali, so it is suitable for use as filter materials and packaging materials.
6. Light resistance, etc. Polypropylene has poor light resistance, poor thermal stability, easy aging, and is not resistant to ironing. However, it is possible to improve the anti-aging property by adding an anti-aging agent at the time of spinning. In addition, polypropylene has good electrical insulation, but it is easy to generate static electricity during processing.